Roadtrip from Granada
After a scenic highway drive through the mountains we enter to the valley of Guadix reaching the flatlands of the province. This area was the first where our ancients settled down in Europe, leaving after them a Megalithic Park of Dolmens, which can be still visited. We have a little walk by a 10,000 year old thermal water acequia, unique in the world, then we take you through forgotten cave-villages to the heart of the Badlands of the Valley of “Los Colorados”.
We recommend you to take some snack with you as we will be alone in the desert of Gorafe.
This is for sure the most adventurous and mind boggling road trips you can do in Spain! The prehistoric tombs, desertic landscapes like the Colorado Canyon y el Alicun de las Torres Aquaduct.
A virgin area up North of Sierra Nevada where people live the troglodyte lifestyle, inside proper caves in the hills. We’ll pass by Gorafe desert and its wonders. We’ll visit the prehistoric tombs, el Toril de Alicún, one of the natural wonders with it’s aqueduct created more than 10,000 years ago. We’ll also visit Los Coloraos Canyon and land of Dolmens surrounded by almonds and olive trees. It is indeed too difficult to believe and even hard to conceive a place with those particularities.
Bare in mind that among all, this might be the most distinct land you are ever going to step, great times are here!
Get ready to grub those exquisite lands!
DISTANCE: lost of Km.
- Driver / Guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- General admission ticket included
- Free WiFi
- Coffee area
- Vending machine
- Charging station
- Reception Tips & Advices
- Tourist information
- Good vibes
- Nice company
- Tickets of the Alhambra
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- Trekking or mountain boots
- Walking sticks
- Water (2 litres minimum)
- Sun cream (SPF 50)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Book this tour